Thursday 13 January 2022

surfing with the jellyfish

 Kia ora


Today i have been surfing at Makorori beach. 

At the beach there were heaps of weird jellyfish canes and huge jellyfish about the size of both of you. They especially looked very cool because they had little blue strikes coming out of them. 


So inspired by this I have written a poem about it.

For my poem I have picked a background that makes the words stand out on the page.


This was a really fun thing to do because I got to experience what I wrote in my poem myself.


Ma te wa 

Irelyn





2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Irelyn,
    Wow! I think your description of what you were doing and the poem together make a wonderful impact. When I read your poem out loud it sounds joyful. I would love to hear a recording of you reading your poem out loud.

    I was working in Gisborne as a facilitator like Mrs Torrie last year. Great to hear that Makorori Beach is still a fantastic place to go.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Maria,

    Next time i would record myself saying it but my camras not working Neither is mote.

    Ma te wa
    Irelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.