Sunday 9 January 2022

Bild a brige











Kia ora,


Today i have been building a bridge on minecraft.

The first thing I needed to do was build a structure to help me with this. I watched a video that taught me about bridges. Have you ever noticed a bridge that has sides that look like triangles? triangles are often used for building because if you put force on the pint it will not bend.


Then I collected some materials that I needed to make my bridge and started building.


I enjoyed doing this activati because i found the facts in the video intresting


Ma te wa

Irelyn



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora

    Irelyn

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. Wow!!! It looks amazing that you were able to create a bridge on minecraft. I was very impressed that you posed a question in your blog post to engage your fellow bloggers with your post. I also really liked that you gave an explanation that not only supported your question, it also explained to your fellow bloggers why triangles are often used when creating bridges. This also is indicative of your strong understanding on how to strengthen and create bridges- Ka Pai!!! Finally it is SUPER that you showed initiative and creativity by creating a bridge on minecraft.

    In regards to your question, yes I have seen bridges with triangles. One of my favorite bridges is called the Forth Road Bridge in Edinburgh Scotland. Did you know that the oldest bridge in the world that is still used is a slab-stone single-arch bridge over the river Meles in Izmir in Turkey, which dates from c. 850 BCE.

    If you had to make a real bridge what materials would you use and why?

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.