Wednesday 1 September 2021

The jumping Kereru game

Kia ora

Today for reading, I have been learning about Cicadas.

Did you know Cicadas only live for 2-5 years?  Most of these years are spent as a nymph living underground, once they emerge they only live for  4 to 6 weeks.


So for reading today I read a book called  Olly's Cicadas and read the Cicada fact sheet on National Geographic kids.  Here is the link if you would link if you would like to take a look at it youself.

I have made a jumping game on scratch. Unfortunately there were no cicadas so instead I made a Jumping Kereru game.


I found it hard to program the possum to glide across the screen because I kept accidentally deleting the character. I enjoyed doing this activity because I love using scratch to create things.



Ma te wa


Irelyn



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Irelyn,

    This game is brilliant. My highest score was 27. What is your highest score? I thought it was interesting that you cats were moving backwards. Great information in your quality blog post too. Next time you could maybe switch them around so they're going the right way. Have you ever made a Scratch game before?

    Ngā mihi,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.