Wednesday 29 September 2021

2021 calendar art



Kia ora,


Once every year the whole school creates a piece of artwork to be made into a calendar for us and are whanau. This year my class have all sketched new zealand birds and filled them with geometric shapes.

The first thing we did was we watched a video with all the New Zealand birds and we had to pick one.
I chose one of the classics, the famous kereru.

Secondly, we had to find an image on the web of a bird so we could trace the outline on the window. Next it was time to add geometric shapes.
You can use a range of different shapes from an octagon to a triangle. Then you just have to color in the bird.

Lastly, we got something round and used it to trace a circle in the middle. To make the background not so plan we got dyed and blended to colours to make the background and to make the background really pop we added little squares cut out of tissue paper and put them around the sun.

I enjoyed doing this activity because I got to choose my favorite NZ bird, the Kereru.
I found it challenging to not get die in the wight circle
Next time I would change the background colour to a light blue and green.

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post today


Ma te wa

Irelyn






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.