Wednesday 1 September 2021

The amazing race






Kia ora,



To get Active we are doing a challenge called the amazing race. The amazing race is where we have to do different challenges all around japan. There are individual, duo and whanau team challenges you have to complete.


The individual challenges were to create an origami cup and a spot the difference.


The duo challenge was to draw three hills with a blindfold on and the other person had to tell you the steps to draw it.


The whanau team challenge was to create a outfit out of newspaper. For this challenge we made a top, a hat and a skirt.  We did this by folding, cutting and curling the newspaper, we secured it together using staples.  To make the flower on the hat I used skills that I had been taught during the school holiday art programme at the museum.  If you would like to have a go at making a newspaper hat click on this link.


I enjoyed doing this challenge with my whanau and I especially enjoyed making an outfit out of newspaper. I found it challenging to make the origami cup because three were some tricky parts.

Ma te wa 

Irelyn



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Irelyn,

    I thought your newspaper outfit was breathtaking. I thought, 'how on earth did you and your team make that!' It is so stunning and I can tell it must have taken you and your team a really long time. I like that you used your art skills for this activity. Next time you could add your photos to a collage or set of slides so people don't have to scroll down so far. Have you ever made a newspaper outfit before?

    Ngā mihi,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.