Thursday 2 September 2021

Lockdown letter



Kia ora,


Do you know what a pen pal is?
A pen pal is a friend or a family member who lives far away that you can write letters to.


For reading we have been learning about the awesome pen pals students have at Arataki school.
To read the book pen pals click here.
For this task we had to write a letter to a friend or a family member.


Although traditionally pen pals are supposed to live far away, during lockdown we have been writing  letters to a friend that lives close by because we havent been able to see them because we cant leave our home's.


I enjoyed writing a letter to my friends to see what they have been doing.
I found it challenging to think of what cool thing I have been doing this lockdown.


I hope you like my letter


Ma te wa

Irelyn


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Irelyn,
    I used to have pen pals when I was young many years ago and we had to post our letters. It took ages to get a reply especially if they lived overseas. How do you think having digital penpals changes that?
    I see by your letter that you have been keeping very active in lockdown. Where do you go for a walk. I am lucky that I live near the beach and we can go there for some exercise.
    There is no link to the book PenPals. Are you able to edit the post and put the link in so I can read it?
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Irelyn,

    I really admire the thoughtful words you had to say to Theo. I thought you were very kind, asked questions and also told her what you had been doing. Next time you could check that your quality blog post doesn't have too much 'white space'. Have you ever had a penpal before?

    Ngā mihi,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.