Friday 31 December 2021

Fun fox

 Kia ora,


Today I have been learning how to draw to create a fox out of geometric shapes


The first thing I did was watch a video that taught me about three different types of triangles scalene, isosceles and an equilateral. A scalene is a triangle with no equal sides. An isosceles is a triangle with only two equal sides and an equilateral has all equal sides.


I enjoyed doing this activity because I enjoyed learning about the different types of triangles.

I found it difficult to choose the right shapes to make it look like a fox 


Ma te wa 


Irelyn





3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Irelyn,

    It looks like you’ve been doing some fantastic learning and creating today! Had you heard the names of these triangles before you began? I think you gave a great description of each triangle in your post - well done!

    Are foxes your favourite animal? You did an awesome job recreating one with triangles, I knew right away what it was!

    Do you have any tips for other students who are creating Geometree pictures with lots of little triangles?

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora lauren,

    Yes I have heard of the triangles before we played a game at school
    when the teacher would say a triangle with two eqal sides and we would say isoclies and if you get it you get to take a step and try to tag someone and if you do then threre out.

    I found it easyer to use a picture of a fox to colour it so you can see when the colours change.

    Ma te wa
    Irelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Irelyn,

      Wow that game sounds like an awesome way to learn maths while having fun! I might have to try that out sometime, thank you for sharing!

      Great work with your creative mahi, keep up the good work.

      Ngā mihi,
      Lauren

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.